Wondering whether your business is ready to spend money on providing online training to your employees or not?Most organizations are unsure if the training will be able to give the returns which are proportionate to the investment you would have to make. When taking a decision about whether to conduct training for your employees or not, it is important to keep in mind that in today’s competitive era, you will have to follow the trends in order to stay relevant. In a survey conducted, it is seen that more than 42% of the companies these days opt for online training of their employees. These companies believe that the use of online training has increased the revenue generation multi folds.Proving Your Employees with Effective Online Training is NecessaryWith constant changes happening in the technology world, companies must focus on internal growth by training the employees and building a culture of learning. It helps organizations to run their business with the latest technology and stay competitive in the market. As per the reports, since the year 2000, the percentage of growth in the e-learning industry has been more than 900%. A big reason that prompts the companies to choose online training is the fact that it is extremely cost-effective. IBM alone was able to save almost $200 million by switching over to e-learning and training.Tips for Conducting Effective Online TrainingBelow are a few tips to ensure an effective e-learning session for your employees.
- Online training sessions are not restricted to one area, city or even country. The same training session may be attended by people present in different parts of the world. Therefore, when scheduling an online training session, make sure that the time difference between the various time zones of the world is taken into account.
- Before you start the actual training session, you need to provide all the participants a clear understanding of the scope of the training. By informing the participants in advance about the course content, you would give them a chance to come prepared for the training session.
- During the training session, it is important that you repeat the information you are trying to teach the participants so that they are able to properly grasp the matter. Introducing a character to which the audience can relate to can enhance the entire elearning experience of the employees.
- Use all possible visual and audio aids in order to divulge the information in the most practical and easy to understand format.
- Make the training session interactive. Active participation ensures that the trainees are awake and involved in the training. Prompt your students to ask questions, and work on their weak points. Add simulations and games to build an engaging session.
- Encourage the participants to share their experiences and knowledge on the subject at hand. This will not only increase the interest level of the participants in the program but also embed practical, real life experiences on the topic in your training session, making it more useful for the participants. A good training session is believed to increase the employee engagement in his work by 18%.
- Review the quality of your session regularly. Some teaching techniques may work while others may not. Therefore, it’s important to constantly evaluate the teaching strategies to find out what is working.
- Mind the duration of your training sessions. Remember you are providing this training to professionals and they may have to get back to work once the training session ends, hence start and end the session on time.
- Use examples with data relevant to the participants’ industry to assist them in cultivating a deep association with the problems.
- Always ask for feedback after the first day. Do not wait until the end of the training to learn participants experience. This helps in improving the quality of training for the remaining days.
The purpose of holding these training sessions is to provide value addition to the participants and make them more efficient in their work. Hence, needs assessment is extremely important before planning and conducting these training sessions.